The bigger picture

Wouldn’t it be great if God would just create a big, flashy neon sign that said “Do this thing!”?

I could sure use one of those signs now! Decisions are hard. Adulting is hard. (Also, where was the word “adulting” when I was younger...it amazes me that one word can sum up life, but I digress.) Life here on earth is hard.

My life over the last month has felt like it has been imploding, one loss or major change at a time. I know life isn’t truly imploding, more like rearranging, but it feels hard.

I know there is no big neon sign telling me what to do next, but I do think perhaps there are lots of little signs. We just have to look for them. They’re not one big neon sign...They are words of wisdom from a friend who has an outside view of our situation. They are scripture that comes to mind. They are closed doors and open windows. They are the still, quiet voice that comes when you just stop and breath. They are lots of little signs that together make up the bigger picture.

I’m looking for those little signs in my life. I’m trying to put all the pieces together and see the bigger picture, my giant neon sign.

Friends, if you’re reading this please let me encourage you...you are not alone. I don’t have it figured out either! We’re all doing our best to navigate this foreign land until we’re done and God calls us home. I plan to hang in there and I hope you will too!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blank Spaces

Sometimes...

My tiara