Weary

I’m sitting in my car outside Winco at 9:30 Wednesday night. I have already been to this store once today, but here I am again. I need to go inside to buy some Gatorade. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like shopping at Winco, so my problem isn’t the store or the fact that I need to go inside. My problem is this:

It’s been a long day. I left the house at 7:15 this morning and haven’t been home yet. I had an appointment before work, meetings, a physical therapy appointment that literally brought me to tears, a shopping trip, set up for clubs, more errands, a night of clubs where many of the kids decided that what they had to say to their friend was just as important as what I was trying to communicate and at the same time I was trying to communicate, clean up from clubs and then rides home. 

And now here I am...sitting in the Winco parking lot, writing this post instead of getting out of my car. 

Stalling epically because I am simply done!

I know everything I did today had a purpose. I know everything I did today matters. When I get home I will take care of my sick kid, balance the checkbook and prepare for bed. But right now, in the parking lot at Winco, I will take this moment to remind myself that I’m my weariness, I am not alone. God is right here beside me, carrying the bulk of my weight on His shoulders.

Thank you Jesus, because there is no way I could do this alone! 

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blank Spaces

My tiara

Sometimes...